PNAH is the local chapter of PHILIPPINE NURSES ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA, INC., (PNAA) in the State of Hawaii, with the exception of island(s) which has/have been duly chartered by PNAA as a separate chapter of their own. PNAA is the official professional organization of Filipino-American Nurses in the United States of America (USA) and which is based in the continental USA.
- Unify Filipino-American Nurses in the State of Hawaii
- Network and collaborate with Filipino-American nurses in the State of Hawaii, the mainland and the Pacific.
- Partner with other agencies or entities to develop, implement, and evaluate programs in nursing leadership, practice, education, and research relevant to the professional growth of its members and healthcare needs of the community.
- Encourage college-bound youth who are of Filipino descent to become nurses by providing scholarship towards a nursing degree to deserving eligible students.
- Facilitate the professional advancement and cultural adjustment of Filipino-American Nurses in the state of Hawaii through collaboration with agencies and organizations in the state and in the Philippines.
- Participate actively in professional and healthcare cultural activities with professional organizations and agencies in the community and globally.
- Support legislation and public policies, locally or nationally, which will favorably affect healthcare outcomes and nursing practice.
- As a state chapter member of PNAA, promote and support the mission and goals of PNAA, Inc.
- Foster health and wellness among members and the local Filipino-American community.
P Professionalism and/or Positive Image
E Excellence in professional practice
A Tribute to a Special Nurse in Hawaii:
Francisco A. Conde
Dr. Conde is a well-accomplished Advance Oncology Clinical Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP) as well as an instructor, lecturer, researcher, and author of various articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Pedro Oblea, Jr:
When He is Not Bigger Than Life
I have always thought there was something intriguing about the man we know as Lieutenant Colonel Pedro Oblea, Jr. beyond the easy smile, the confident talk.